Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just Do It!

I'm realizing that, if one seriously wants to be a writer---one who finishes what one starts---it is absolutely necessary to stop thinking about writing and start doing it! For me, today, that meant not doing my course planning first, but putting that aside to write. Strange how guilty it feels to make time for writing, as if it's some luxurious enterprise akin to basking on a beach! Maybe I have to start thinking of it as real work. Sure, I don't get paid for it---yet, and maybe never---but there are some things a person simply must do (such as eat, sleep, breathe). And, for me, there is "write"! If this is one of the ways God has called me to serve Him, then I must start devoting an adequate amount of time to honing this craft! How easy it is to forget that. So, here's to just doing the thing and not feeling bad about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment